Last night I attended my OC WordPress meeting at Zeek Interactive in Huntington Beach. I hitched a ride with my friend Cindy Ronzoni, and talked it up doing our drive out from Whittier. Cindy is a treat to talk to, she’s a PR person that doesn’t mind me getting a bit geeky from time to time. She’s a curling fan, love TV and Movies and has a knack for talking to people. She knows her craft well which is something I admire and has worked with the most interesting clients. If you ever need a PR person give Cindy a ring, and tell her I set ya. </cheerleading>
Once we arrived at OCWP I had to setup my live stream setup. Last night I was debating on trying to get Camtwist setup but I ran out of time so I wasn’t about to record locally AND stream out to uStream. The video below is the downloaded .flv file that uStream.tv provides me. It’s a same that it looks kinda crappy due to the awful compression that occurs but I hope next meeting I can get Camtwist or some other solution to share the camera between apps. I’d imagine my i7 processor on my MacBook Pro with its multi cores can handle doing those 2 tasks at once. If you have any suggestions about this setup I’m crafting I’d love to hear them.
- MacBook Pro
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910
I use this to record the video on a tripod, lately I’ve been using the onboard mic with much success.
- Soundmatters foxLv2 Bluetooth Loudspeaker System (Black)
I’ve tried using this paired to my macbook pro as a sound input. It works but picks up the echo quite a bit from the vaulted ceilings in the room we meetup in. Aside from using this as a bluetooth mic it’s AWESOME as a speaker, the little guy bumps.
website in safari using their built in flash object to do the streaming.
free software for doing all sorts of ninja like moves. They say it works with ustream and as a flash
Things I know I’m doing wrong:
- Not having a paid starter account with uStream is limiting me to only doing SD content. It’s $99 a month for this but I dont see it being all that worth it if I can record the source video locally.
- Downloading the streamed and recorded video from ustream, and uploading it to youtube. This file is of crap quality video with lackluster audio.
- It really all boils down to the fact that I’m not recording locally. I want to end up splitting the output of my video feed to both ustream and a local video recording software.
- I plan on working on this workflow before the next meeting and see about just using ustream as a streaming service and then taking my locally recorded file and uploading it to youtube in it’s 1080 native state.