Tucker Professional Web Services, Whittier, CA
Owner/Web Developer, NOV 2011 – Present
Provide digital strategy and web services to corporations, businesses and non-profits to expand reach, awareness and search capabilities. Create customized digital plans that include the development of websites built from scratch and train staff on best practices of using social media, mobile applications and online community interaction.
- WordPress web development. Most site designed and developed using Genesis Framework along many other frameworks.
- Regular speaker on web development and community interface at WordPress Developer Camps and local WordPress Meetups, Social Media Conferences and Public Relations events
- Expert in event live streaming and podcasting: Google Hangout, ustream.com, justin.tv
- Created documentation and demo videos using screencasting software
- Member of the City of Whittier’s Chamber of Commerce
- Experienced in SEO and SEM practices and Web Security
- Strong web services vendor connections
- Excel in customer and support service
MISSION CRITICAL TECHNOLOGIES, EL SEGUNDO, CA
Systems Administrator, January 2010 – January 2011
- Windows 2003 – Windows 2008 Server administrator
- Exchange Server in an Active Directory environment
- Monitored servers and network using Spiceworks
- Administrator of Symantec Backup Exec backup solution
- Designed preliminary Disaster Recovery solution
- Supported 25 local users and over 200 remote users (Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac OS X, MS Office)
- Managed and maintained a mixture of 25 iPhones and Blackberrys as well as multiple iPads in a corporate environment.
- Administrator of company’s multiple intranet sites running SharePoint Server 2007
- Created intranet sites for clients utilizing WordPress CMS.
Technologies: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, MS Ofﬁce, Windows Vista, Windows 7, HP, Sharepoint 2007, WordPress
SuperCare Medical, Industry, CA
Systems Administrator, March 2009 – November 2010
- Windows 2003 – Windows 2008 Server administrator. Exchange Server in an Active Directory environment – 28 servers
- Supported over 200 users utilizing ManageEngine Service Desk
- Network monitoring utilizing ManageEngine OpManager
- Citrix MetaFrame Thin Client administrator – 200 Thin Client Users – 6 Metaframe servers.
- Maintained changes in the Avaya phone system. Adding and configuring stations, vectors, phone tree and media messaging.
- Blackberry Enterprise Server administration – 50 devices
- Scripting in VBScript and AutoHotKey
- Administrator of company intranet site running SharePoint Server 2007
Technologies: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, MS Office, Windows Vista, Dell, Citrix MetaFrame, Terminal Services, Sharepoint.
LoopNet, Monrovia, CA
Systems Programmer, October 2008 – January 2009
- Responsible for 24×7 production / development server farm monitoring of 180 servers utilizing Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Scripting in VBScript, Power Shell, T-SQL and shell script
- Developed scripts to monitor Windows updates across the server farm
- Worked with Team Foundation Server for source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking.
- Responsible for deployment of new code for both internet and intranet webservices.
- Maintained and managed company intranet site running SharePoint Services.
Technologies: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, MS Office, Windows Vista, Dell, Terminal Services, Sharepoint.
EJ Enterprises, Industry, CA
Systems Administrator, May 2004 – August 2008
- Lead Windows 2003 systems, MS SQL database, and network administrator
- Dedicated desktop support engineer for company-wide Windows (2000 and XP, Mac OS X)
- Designed LAN / WAN architecture using Cisco and Dell networking devices
- Designed / Managed / Migrated users on Exchange Server in an Active Directory environment
- Responsible for the development of the company website running on IIS and intranet running on SharePoint Services
- Corporate trainer for MS Windows, MS Office, Real World, and MBS Solomon
- Developed reports utilizing Excel Pivot tables and Crystal Reports
- Designed and implemented SAN solutions using Dell AX SAN Arrays and NAS using Dell PowerVault equipment backup using Backup Exec on a Dell PowerVault Tape Library
- Managed physical move of 60 users after acquisition of company to a new location.
- Managed two physical locations with over 120 users on a point-to-point network connection
- Moved and installed server equipment to both an existing network and a new network
- Implemented and managed Terminal Services 2008 utilizing RemoteApp and Web Access over a LAN / WAN environment running on VMware ESXi VM on Dell servers
Technologies: Windows 2003, Linux, SCO, MS Office, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Mac OS X, Cisco, Dell, Terminal Services, AD, Active Directory, VMware, Sharepoint, Backup Exec
Lunar Webhosting / Add2Net, Inc., La Habra, CA
Tier III Support Technician / Support Manager, July 2003 – May 2004
- Supported over 30,000 users with minimal downtime and maximum efficiency
- Initially hired for Tier I support and quickly promoted to Tier III to work on escalated tickets
- Assisted in the management of fifteen Tier I & II support personnel
- Aided customers with FTP, FrontPage, PHP, JSP, ASP, CGI, Perl, and HTML issues
- Debugged customer scripts and created custom environments to their specifications
- Converted, copied and setup maintenance scripts for customer MYSQL.
- Worked with the CPanel, Web Host Manager, and Nagios for optimal monitoring
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Perl, PHP, ASP, MYSQL and Apache
EnexiDirect. Irvine, CA
Web Developer, July 1999 – June 2003
- Created graphics and illustrations used on various site designs
- Designed and tracked (Opens & Clickthrus) Opt-in email creatives for client
- Designed and implemented skins for instant messenger client
- Worked as remote administrator for six Windows NT/2000 servers
- Assisted in developing database driven pages in Classic ASP
- Used pre-built stored procedures to retrieve and insert data on the database
- Assisted in Implementing new intranet site design into Cold Fusion based intranet
- Administrated IRC based chat client/server for clients website dollars4mail.com
- Embedded, repaired and upgraded Java and Shockwave based games for clients dollars4mail.com
- Increased traffic through strategic META tag creation and search engine registry
First American Credco / SMS. Irvine, CA
Systems Administrator, June 1998 – May 1999
- Administered systems including Sequent S5000/SE20s running dynix/ptx, NCR68k systems using Unix SVR3/4, and PC workstations using Sun Solaris, Linux, and Windows NT
- Maintained over forty hosts provide real estate, mortgage, title, and appraisal services
- Employed Sun Solaris and Linux workstations as test-beds for troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Installed and used CDE (Common Desktop Environment), Wabi (Win 3.1 Emulator), Linux (Slackware/Redhat), KDE (desktop environment), and other UNIX desktop applications
- Responsible for typical novice system administration duties: backups, misc. troubleshooting of network problems
- Installed/maintained local and network file systems, and performed data recoveries for same
Digital Evolution Inc / US Interactive Inc. Los Angeles, CA
Asset Manager / Web Designer, February 1997 – June 1998
- Cross-platform HTML authoring
- Image production in Photoshop
- Sound Engineering using Sound Forge
- Interfaced with Quality assurance engineering addressing audio and video issues.
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008; Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, BSD, Debian); Mac OS X
- Database: MS SQL, MYSQL
- Content Management Systems: WordPress
- GeekFit Podcast – Audio Engineer, Show Host, Website Administrator. 2006 – Present
Podcast Peers Award Winner 2008
- BeatWeek Magazine – Contributing Editor, Website Administrator. 2008 – Present