Five-year-old gets drunk at Applebee’s

I saw this on BoingBoing today:

“Five-year-old Seth Pereles was sipping what his mother thought was an apple juice at the Applebee’s restaurant in Battery Park City, New York. Turns out that apparently he had accidentally been served a Long Island Iced Tea. His mother, Cynthia Pereles, says the restaurant came clean on the mistake but she’s suing them for $75,000. From Local 6: Pereles said she did not realize her son was drinking a concoction of white rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, Coke and sweet-and-sour mix until it was too late. The boy’s eyes became glazed and he began to laugh uncontrollably, according to a report. “When you’re looking at your 5-year-old and you’re asking him, quiet down Seth, sit still and you see that mentally and physically he cannot comply with what you’re asking him to do because he is under the influence,” Pereles said.”